Petition to Conduct CBI Enquiry into Murder of Dr J A Mathan

Thursday, 1 October 2009

Willie Carson the serial love cheat (and Champion Jockey) used me, says his bitter former wife: Deceived says his Love-child




Willie Carson the serial love cheat (and Champion Jockey) used me, says his bitter former wife: Deceived says his Love-child
02nd October 2009
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1217580/Carson-serial-love-cheat-used-says-bitter-wife.html
The former wife of Willie Carson yesterday accused him of selfishly 'dropping' her when it was convenient for him.Carole Spares told how he used her as a 'springboard' for his career before leaving her and their three sons.Mrs Spares, 63, also revealed he never showed any remorse for cheating on her with a string of women - even when she was hospitalised after a horrific car crash.
She spoke out on the day a radio interview with the champion jockey was aired in which he grudgingly admitted some guilt over the way he 'blotted out' his illegitimate daughter, Jackie Schollar. Concerned that a child would impede his career, the then 19-year-old left Yorkshire and severed all contact with the girl's mother before meeting Mrs Spares.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1217804/All-I-wanted-father-look-Willie-Carsons-lovechild.html
'The general public saw one side of his personality and the family saw another,' said Mrs Spares yesterday.'He is totally the opposite of the chirpy and friendly character most people know. We didn't see his laughing, joking side.'We saw the person who if he hadn't had a winner wouldn't talk to us and would want his children out of the way in bed.'Mrs Spares, who booked her former husband's races early in his career, added: 'I can forgive him about the other women but I can't forget. It showed the selfish side of his personality.'I was dropped when it was convenient. I wasn't a wife, I was a springboard.' He has never apologised and never will do. That's not in the nature of the man. I think he finds it hard to say sorry to anyone for anything. In his mind he has moved on.' She has previously described how she discovered her husband was cheating on her as she recovered in hospital from a car accident.
Carson was also badly injured when his Jaguar collided with a lorry on the A1 in1967.They were being treated at St James's Hospital in Leeds and Mrs Spares, who was two months pregnant, was in a neighbouring ward to her husband's.' All the time Willie had a girlfriend coming to visit him while I lay next door,' she said. 'Before that I had no idea he was seeing anyone.'Speaking in 1993, she went on to describe how her husband was spending more and more time away from home before she realised he had met Suzanne Kane, who came from a wealthy family and worked as a secretary at a racing stables. 'She wasn't the first. He'd had other flings before that.
I suppose I just tried to push them out of my mind,' she said. Mrs Spares, whose second husband Chuck died six years ago, was devastated when Carson released his autobiography, entitled Up Front, in 1993.In it, the Scottish son of a warehouseman said he wanted to improve himself whereas his former wife, whose father was a railway worker, did not.'In her eyes she had come a long way already, given her background,' he wrote.He also claimed his ex 'screwed me financially'.He offered her £50 per week when they separated but a court later increased this to £150.
Mrs Spares yesterday said she needed to go out to work to supplement the income. The jockey went on to accuse his sons Ross, Neil and Tony, now 41, 45, and 46 respectively, of being 'stupid', claiming they let him down despite his efforts to find them jobs.Mrs Spares added: 'He didn't apologise for the book either. I did ring him and ask if I would be sent a copy but he said I'd have to go an buy one. I had to do that to find out what was in it.'

The couple met in Yorkshire and married in 1963 when she had fallen pregnant with their first child. They separated about ten years later and divorced in 1979.Mrs Spares said Carson always refused to talk about his illegitimate daughter, saying: 'He can be quite dispassionate about parts of his life. He can put things away and that's what he did with me and the boys.'In the interview for BBC Radio Scotland's Stuff of Legends, Carson, 66, said he was starting on his career when he 'got a girl in trouble' and decided to 'blot' her out.'
Right or wrong I don't know but that was it,' the 5ft jockey told BBC interviewer Brian Cooney. 'I have asked myself, "was I right?". I don't know the answer. Now that you get older, you think, "I don't know. Maybe I did that wrong?". 'Speaking yesterday, Mrs Schollar, who his now 47 and a mother of three, said of the BBC interview: 'The saddest thing for me is that he is not even interested in meeting his grandchildren.'

No comments: