Petition to Conduct CBI Enquiry into Murder of Dr J A Mathan

Sunday, 20 December 2009

Biography of a Wife deceived by a 'Husband' into a Bigamous marriage(s): Chapter 1. Tale of Two cities: Tale of two Wives

Biography of a Wife deceived by a 'Husband' into a Bigamous marriage(s): Chapter 1. Tale of Two cities: Tale of two Wives

Main Characters:

1. Meera -The Legally Wedded Wife or Narrator in USA (Married by Civil Registered Marriage)

2. Veena - Yet another wife in India (Married by Hindu Religious rites)

3. Balaji-The Bigamous Husband in USA (The Charming Con-Artist)
-----------------------------------------------------
Date of writing: 21 December 2009

Date of Editing: 21 December 2009
-----------------------------------------------------
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,
It was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness,
It was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity,
It was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness,
It was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair,
We had everything before us, we had nothing before us,
We were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way. --- Charles Dickens

I, Meera am an Electrical Engineer by Profession. I am 'Shocked' out of my wits to find out that I have been Deceived into a Bigamous marriage by a Charmer. Anyway, here's the story from my viewpoint.

I've been living in the USA since 1999, and am a Permanent Resident of USA. I've got a Good career academically. I am currently holding a good position as Engineering Manager in Chicago, Illinois, USA. I live in Chicago, USA.

Picture: My (Meera's) hometown in Naperville, USA

Personal life: I've been Married to Balaji by court marriage on March 31, 2007. Registration/Marriage license is from Illinois state, USA. I am an NRI.

Biography of my Bigamous Bitter half: Balaji
Krishna has been in the USA for more than 25 years. He is Holding a good position as Technical Manager in Chicago, Illinois, USA for many years.

Personal life: He is an NRI, and a Naturalized US citizen.

#Balaji Went to India for 5 weeks. Married to Veena on Oct 19, 2004. Lived with her in his parents' house in Hyderabad for a month.

#At the same time, Balaji was busy Luring on Online matrimonial site 'Shaadi.com'. I got lured unfortunately and married him on March 31, 2007 (without being told of the existing marriage in India).

Biography of Veena.

Veena is a school teacher who is Currently unemployed.

Personal life:She was a Widow having a 17 yr old son, having lost her husband to 'Brain haemorrhage'. Veena had Lived in the US for some period. She is Currently, living in Valasaravakkam, Porur, Chennai, India with her brother Ravi Kumar.
Picture: The residence of Mrs Veena in Valasaravakkam, Porur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India

She Married Balaji on Oct 19, 2004 in Aaditya Hotel, Chennai. She is Still waiting for his return to take her to the US as promised. Her marriage was consummated, and she spent entirely for the marriage expenses. After the romp, Balaji gave No financial support to maintain her life and educate her son.
Betrayed spouses find out about each other

After our marriage, I found that Balaji was lying to me left and right. In my opinion he is a CON ARTIST. He has restricted me from taking any incoming phone calls on land line and from communicating with his friends and family. He never introduced me to his father in India, brother who lives in the US, and his sister or any of his family members before our marriage, let alone after living in the same house for several years. When we received phone calls I realized that Balaji was not answering many of them and was deleting the incoming numbers immediately from caller ID. I rushed a few times to take the phone calls, but this usually ended with Balaji questioning me and commencing unnecessary arguments. Fortunately for me, he forgot to delete some numbers and I noted down them to find out about these supposed-acquaintances he was keeping me from. If I asked him any questions, he would respond, “I don't ask you any questions why are you asking me questions?"

On top of controlling my behavior, he never showed any love or affection towards me after our marriage. This marriage has not yet consummated even after 3 years of being married to Krishna. It is becoming clear to me now that he married me for my high earnings since my job accounts for my high salary. I may be innocent, but I am not blind.

On Nov 9, 2009 I called those numbers I had previously took note of. I called the first number and a woman named Padma in Delhi answered. After our conversation, I found out that Balaji has deceived her elder sister Veena who is still his wife. I realized that I was not the only woman Balaji had deceived. I was shocked to find out that Veena's situation was a lot like mine. We had both been taken advantage of from one-sided marriages from Krishna. I confirmed with Padma that one of the numbers from my list was Veena's mobile number. Padma asked me innocently, "How come Balaji not once picked up the home phone every year when all her family members were trying to reach him and the phone kept ringing?" I explained to her that caller ID system in the USA allows a person to know who the caller is and gives him/her a choice to take a call or to let it ring until the other side hangs up the phone. She then understood why her family could never reach Balaji. Padma suggested to me to call Veena directly.

I do not speak Telugu, but a Telugu-speaking friend of mine and I called Veena. We talked to Veena and her son, Bheema. Veena was frustrated and she told us her whole story. She told us how Krishna ruined the lives of her and her son. As per Veena, she lost her all her life savings (around Rs. 6-8 Lacks) to arrange the wedding in India with her money and she was manipulated into using her lifetime savings for the luxurious wedding at the Aaditya Hotel in Chennai.
Picture: Marriage No.1 of Krishna and Veena in Hotel Aaditya, Chennai, India in 2004

This extravagant wedding took place at a three-star hotel, with invitation cards, for the traditional Hindu marriage including the cost of a priest, relatives and friends. Veena started living with Krishna in Hyderabad with Krishna’s family in Krishna’s parents’ house. Krishna was a very smooth and sweet talker to her. Krishna talked about dreams of married life with her in the US. She had blindly started to trust him. She mentioned how Krishna used to talk to her son couple of hours every day and promised to send him money for his education. Krishna, a con artist, never registered the marriage in India. He flew off to the US after a month and asked Veena to stay with her parents in Chennai till he returned to take her to the US. Krishna never returned to India. He never communicated with Veena since then. Her son clearly mentioned, “I was 13 years old when this all happened to my mother and us. I am grown up now and can't digest this. Can you please send me money/ticket so that I can come to the USA and settle this issue with Krishna." Her son does not have money and cannot afford his tuition. He gets notices from his school each semester that the school will throw him out from the school if he doesn’t pay. He feels that not only are his college dreams shattered, but getting through high school has become a burden on his mother. Veena states that because she spent all her life savings on her marriage with Krishna, and their other expenses during Krishna’s stay in India, she does not have any money to pay for her son's high school education or even renew her passport. They kept calling Krishna many times. Krishna never responded. Krishna never called them back.

Veena and I exchanged phone numbers and e-mails addresses. I told Veena that Krishna had married me in the US on March 31, 2007. Veena and Bheema asked me to share our marriage evidence with them because they were in shock and didn’t believe me first. It was difficult for them to comprehend that Krishna would do such a thing. Veena promised me to send her wedding evidence like invitation card, photos, video etc. We kept in touch by e-mail since then. I also found that Krishna contacted me first on Shaadi.com when he was living with Veena in Hyderabad. It is incomprehensible that the man I married is a professional con artist and is ruining not only my life, but Veena’s too.

My marriage with Krishna had no affiliations with love. We dated for three years. Being a charmer, soft talking person, I could not see criminal behind it. His slyness came forth after we became married. Due to his bigamous nature, Krishna was keeping so many secrets from me. He could easily cover up one lie, which were followed by many others. I was not allowed to talk to his family. His family and friends were not allowed to talk to me. He will never introduce me as his wife but will introduce his kids in front me to others. I realized that he is using me as maidservant for household work. Being an educated woman, it was difficult for me to tolerate such humiliations with so much restrictions. I have a reputation to uphold and dignity to protect. My marriage is a disaster. This marriage is going on because of my high income. Despite of both having high-paid jobs, instead of savings, I started seeing debt in joint account. I requested Krishna to share his expenses but he refused to do so. I was getting exploited financially also and decided not to share my salary. He started constantly harassing me to pay for mortgage and utilities. Once Krishna stopped receiving my salary, he started threatening me that he would file a motion if I did not pay. I stopped putting my earnings in the joint account, and right after 4 months Krishna filed a divorce which confirmed that he married me for my money. This kind of exploitation is inhumane and should be stopped.

Dec 09, 2009: After confirmation from Veena and her family; I, Meera filed for invalidity of my marriage in Illinois, US court.
-------------------------------
Voice of Women is pleased to present the BIOGRAPHY OF A WIFE DECEIVED INTO MARRIAGE BY HER 'HUSBAND' AFTER CONCEALING AN EXISTING MARRIAGE.

Inspired by the success of the 'Chronicles of a Battered Abused Discriminated and Disadvantaged Fatherless Girl-child'----A WIFE has come forward with her "Testimony of a Legally wedded wife to a man who has concealed an existing marriage".

This TESTIMONY brings to LIGHT the Strenuous circumstances of LEGALLY WEDDED OLDER WOMEN, who are facing deception from 'CHARMING MEN'.

The core issue of the Biography is to look for Solutions for "Deception and Concealment of existing marriages by MEN & WOMEN" in our Homes, Community, Society and the Corporate World. The solutions include Counseling, Healing, Family Forums and other Alternative Counseling Forums.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: The Story is told in the first person narrative by the "Legally Wedded Wife".
For reasons of confidentiality, please don't assume the identity of the 'other characters in the story- namely the Bigamous husband'. The entire story has been placed in custody of certain well-wishers. Names and identities of characters have been masked and changed to protect their identities. Let us call the name of the LEGALLY WEDDED WIFE as 'Meera'.

Images used are only representative of the story.

Strong Legal action will be taken in Bangalore jurisdiction, against all those who claim to resemble or know the identity of any characters mentioned in this Biography.
Events are true and character sketches are disguised to protect their identities.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright © 2009 Roshni Pereira and "Meera, A Legally Wedded Wife, deceived into a Marriage by a Con-artist in a previously existing Marriage"

No comments: