All India Daughter Protection Forum
The Domestic Violence Act 2005 was authored by people like SC Advocate Indira Jaising, who are unmarried and not in committed relationships. Unfortunately, they planned the DV Act for Keeps and Concubines, not for Families, Marriages and Spouses.
Roshni Mathan Pereira (AIDPF), Kumar Jahgirdar (Founder CRISP) and Lokesh (CRISP member) in Protest against DV Act 2005 in Bangalore 2010
- Protection for men and children under the domestic violence act
- Suo-moto prosecution for false cases of domestic violence
- Separate the maintenance laws from domestic violence laws, maintenance should be granted based on length of marriage and must be gender neutral
- Trials under the act should be strictly subject to the CPC and the Indian evidence act and criminal suggesting terms like jail, bail etc... be removed from its text
- Create a men’s welfare ministry and child welfare ministry
- Reform the antiquated judiciary and rewrite DV act with limitation clause
- Judiciary must implement RTI Act in right earnest to provide important statistical data
- Responsible, accountable and a credible judiciary - make judiciary accountable for unjust adjudications (which are blatantly violating established law and internationally recognised human rights)!
- Responsible and accountable legislations and governance and police should be kept away form the family matters. Stop counselling in police stations
- Government to appoint and get research report on present family stresses and trivial disputes which are exaggerated
- No immunity and suo-moto prosecution of women filing false cases.
- Reform the NCW which is a PARTISAN WIFE CENTRIC ORGANIZATION. Ensure that NCW takes complaints from elderly women, mothers-in-law and not just wives. Otherwise, CLOSE DOWN THE NCW! They are unfit to redress women’s issues.
- The Domestic Violence Act is a “get rich quick” tool for criminal minded women to USURP husband and in-laws property. In the west, such women are termed “gold diggers”! No in-laws & husband should be forced to leave their own home on domestic violence complaint of daughter-in-law.
- Don’t treat mother-in-law as vamps and restrain TV serials depicting mother-in-law as evil in the society.