Petition to Conduct CBI Enquiry into Murder of Dr J A Mathan

Sunday, 8 July 2012

Single, Divorced but Pregnant woman kills mom, legitimate son, ends life

Pregnant woman kills mom, son, ends life
July 8, 2012
A 23-year-old pregnant woman allegedly poisoned her three-year-old son and consumed poison along with her mother at their house at Bilikalli near Byadarahalli in Ramanagaram on Friday night. Police identified the victims as Gangamma (23), Kote Lakkamma (47) and H. Ranjan (3). Kote Lakkamma was an attender at East West College. Gangamma is said to have had an illicit affair with a neighbour, identified as Esha, which resulted in her pregnancy. She decided to kill her son and then commit suicide along with her mother fearing disrepute to the family, police said. The deceased has left behind two death notes - one for her lover and another for her family members – wherein she said that no one should be held accountable for their deaths. Gangamma even apologised to Esha and wished him a happy life. She even stated that he was not responsible for the problems.

In 2007, Gangamma was married to Hanumantharaju, who was a factory worker. The couple had a three-year-old son, Ranjan. Hanumantharaju had an affair with a woman when Ranjan was a five-month-old child and eloped with her. His whereabouts are not known since, but his parents gave shelter to Gangamma and her mother Kote Lakkamma in a house at Byadarahalli. Her monthly expenses were paid by her in-laws, Gangadhar, a relative said.

Realtive came to know of Gangamma’s affair with Esha, son of Jayamma, when she became pregnant with his child. Though family members tried to get her to abort the child at various hospitals, doctors refused as she was in her eighth month. The family decided to get her married to Esha and Gangamma had even shifted the house from Byadarahalli to Bilikalli. Gangamma contacted Esha several times on Friday night. After speaking to him, she took the extreme step, police said.

Gangamma laced water with insecticide and gave it to her son. Later, she and her mother also consumed the same and died. Veeranna, a neighbour, grew suspicious when the door was closed for long. When there was no response, the doors were broken open and the trio were shifted to hospital where they were declared brought dead. The bodies were handed over to the family on Saturday afternoon after autopsy at Rajarajeshwari Medical Hospital on Mysore Road. The Byadarahalli police have registered a case and are on the lookout for Esha.

No comments: